Full-time – 40 hours per week
Harbour Hospice is the only specialist, palliative care provider for families living in the Hibiscus Coast, North Shore and Warkworth / Wellsford communities. We provide compassionate, free care working primarily with patients, families and carers in their homes, and also within our three hospice sites. Our bespoke services include medical care, spiritual support, physiotherapy, social activities and more, with an emphasis on helping people live every moment in whatever way is important to them.
Are you a natural storyteller and passionate content creator? We’re looking for a mid-level Communications & Social Media Specialist to join our hard-working, friendly Communications Team at Harbour Hospice. You’ll work closely with the Communications & PR Manager and key internal stakeholders, to develop content that raises the profile of the charity and our people. You will help shape content for staff, patient and family resources, interview patients and their families for Fundraising appeals and campaigns, write blog stories for our website, develop social media content that engages our communities and much more.
- Developing, writing & maintaining a catalogue of patient/family stories to raise awareness of Hospice services
- Supporting key stakeholders to develop communications for advertising, events, projects and campaigns
- Writing media releases and pitching to local media
- Writing and publishing content for the Intranet
- Developing, publishing and moderating social media content
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum 4-5 years recent experience in a communications and social media role
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a close-knit team
- Great relationship management skills across a wide-ranging audience
- Understanding of the Hospice philosophy, empathy and comfort in interviewing patients and their families
- Strong copywriting, editing and proofreading skills across print and digital platforms
- Proven experience pitching to media and writing media releases
- Proven experience in developing social media content plans and analytics reports
- Highly organised, self-motivated and multi-tasker extraordinaire
- Desktop publishing skills – MS Word, PowerPoint, WordPress
What’s in it for you:
You’ll be part of a high-energy, supportive team who are passionate about elevating the profile of Harbour Hospice through strategic and creative communications tactics. As well as being a word-loving, confident communicator you’ll also take responsibility for helping grow our newly-merged Facebook community – so a love of social is a must. The successful candidate will be encouraged to put their unique stamp on the role and bring new ideas to the table. If you want to make a positive difference to a well-loved organisation close to the heart of so many people, then this is the place for you.
How to Apply