About the role:
This is a brilliant opportunity to make a real difference in your local Community in this large format, flagship Hospice shop on the North Shore. This is a Retail Management role that is not for the faint hearted, it’s physical, it’s busy and it’s full on – but most importantly you’re not on you own as you will have the support of an Assistant Manager and a wonderful team of long term volunteers to help you.
As Shop Manager you will be responsible for the overall running of the shop, organizing the logistics and distribution of stock across the network of Hospice shops on the North Shore and overseeing the sorting of donations. You will be a retail jack of all trades and the type of Manager who is happy roll up your sleeves and get involved in everything that is required to run a successful pre-loved retail shop. From sorting, to merchandising, delegating, ensuring the volunteers are having a break and a cuppa, even cleaning the bathroom you will be happy to turn your hand to anything.
Hours required: Tuesday to Saturday 8.30am to 5.00pm
What are we looking for in you?
- Extensive retail management experience with a proven track record of achieving results
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of people
- Self-Motivated, someone who can see the big picture and get the best out of their team
- Experience in big, box retail would be fantastic!
- Someone who is not fazed by the physical side of the role whilst adhering to H&S requirements
- Highly organized, who enjoys working at a fast pace in a busy retail environment
What’s in it for you:
- Long standing & loyal team
- Exciting challenge to take your Retail Management career to the next level
- Convenient location, close to motorway connections and free parking
- Play a focal part in raising funds to support your local community Hospice
- Heaps of variety where no two days are ever the same
How to apply:
If this sounds like the type of role you’ve been looking for then I want to hear from you. For more information call Jayne Rice, Recruitment Specialist on 0212 800323 or click below to submit your application online.