About the Role:
We are looking for an exceptional nurse leader and practitioner to provide great leadership mentor and support our team of specialist palliative care nurses who work on the In-Patient Unit at our Red Beach site.
On a day-to-day basis the IPU Team Leader will provide leadership and be responsible for the management of the team ensuring the needs of our patients and families are being met through the provision of high quality, coordinated and seamless care.
This is a real people-focused role with emphasis being placed on growing and developing a team culture in which diversity, innovation, change, learning & development and clinical excellence can flourish.
The role will be a key member of the Clinical Leadership Team and contribute to the development and delivery of the clinical strategy.
As an experienced palliative care practitioner, you will also have significant leadership experience under your belt and be able to clearly demonstrate what it takes to grow and develop successful teams. Your ability to motivate and influence people through change will be key.
The demand for our service is growing and we have a big task ahead of us in terms of meeting the demand. You will therefore require the ability to think broadly, strategically and have experience in driving projects forward which enhance service delivery.
You will also have:
- Postgraduate diploma in specialty nursing practice/minimum of 4 years’ experience in specialist palliative care.
- Minimum of 2 years leadership experience in a similar role
- Minimum Level 4 PDRP (Professional Development and Recognition Programme)
- Registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand as a Registered Nurse.
- Knowledge of quality improvement processes and principles
What's in it for you?
- Ongoing support, education and professional development
- Paid clinical supervision
- opportunities to continually develop your role
- Free car-parking, close to motorway connections
- Great baking and super friendly team environment
How to Apply:
For more information and a position description contact Jayne Rice, Recruitment Specialist on 0212 800323 or click below to submit your application online.