About the Role
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will be based within our community nursing team, providing specialist nursing care along with advice and support to contribute to the development of Nurses within the team. This role will work to safeguard the current high standards of care we provide as well as continually looking for improvements around nursing care.
This role will be responsible for a clinical caseload, including the assessment of patients and family needs and reviewing of palliative care plans in conjunction with the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT).
Location: Based at North Shore with flexibility to travel across locations
As a Registered Nurse, you will have a post-graduate qualification and significant experience working in palliative care or other similar specialties. With a focus on evidence-based practice you will contribute to advancing palliative care nursing practice.
You will be able to work independently and as a team player with a wide range of professionals across care settings of hospice, hospital and community organisations. As a CNS you will continue to develop your skills and knowledge and act as a role model, mentor and educator within the team.
What we are looking for from you:
- Postgraduate diploma in specialty nursing practice and a minimum Level 4 PDRP
- Five years+ experience in specialist palliative care or similar specialty (e.g. Oncology, Neurology, Haematology)
- Passion for education and mentoring others
- Evidence excellent skills in communication to individuals and as part of a team
- Current full New Zealand drivers license
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work both flexibly from home and onsite
- Ongoing support & professional development
- Paid Clinical Supervision
- Paid Study leave
- Provision of IT hardware, phone and equipment required to provide safe workspace at home
- Access to Hospice pool cars
- Pass on your specialist knowledge to train and mentor the next generation of Palliative Care Nurses
- Competitive salary that reflects your skills and expertise as a Clinical Nurse Specialist
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable team of Community Nurses who have embraced a new way of working in these post Covid times. Why sit in traffic when you can start and end your day at home?. Regain your work/life balance whilst taking your specialist nursing knowledge to the next level.
How to Apply
For more information and a position description contact Jayne Rice, Recruitment Specialist on 0212 800323 or click on the apply now button below to submit your