About the Role
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join our nursing team at our brand new refurbished inpatient unit in Takapuna. Our hospice inpatient units are a unique nursing environment that provide symptom management, respite and end-of-life care for patients with a wide range of diagnoses and at different stages of their disease trajectory.
Our nurses work with other members of our multi-disciplinary professional team and take pride in delivering holistic care to our patients and their families.
Hours required: 0.8-0.9 FTE
You will be a Registered Nurse, ideally with experience working in a palliative care setting or oncology, or with a genuine interest in palliative care. This is a special time in people's lives, so you will have a real passion for working with patients and families with palliative care needs.
You will have:
- A current NZ Annual Practising Certificate
- Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma or desire to work towards the specialism of palliative care and with appropriate nursing experience required to fit this post
- Commitment to achieving PDRP Level 3 within 12 months of employment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for specializing in Palliative Care and a commitment to embracing ongoing professional development and education opportunities that are available to all our Hospice Nurses
As a new member of our nursing team you will be fully supported, whilst gaining essential knowledge and skills in specialist palliative care within a challenging and rewarding environment.
For more information or to obtain a position description call Jayne Rice, Recruitment Specialist on 0212 800323 or click below to submit your application online with a cover letter about you and why you’d like to join the team.
For more information about the redevelopment of our Hospice at Takapuna and an insight into the new in-patient unit and other working spaces click here https://harbourhospice.org.nz/...