- Casual role to provide leave cover as needed
- Support the team and be the welcoming friendly face of Harbour Hospice
- Ensure exceptional service to all patients, visitors and staff
About the role
We’re looking for a Receptionist to provide support to our teams at the North Shore and Hibiscus in-patient units and also Tui House, on an as needed, casual basis. Predominantly to provide leave cover, you will take on reception duties as directed by the Administration Team Leader. The role includes:
- Meet and greet all visitors assisting them to sign in and out, and ensure all contractors are inducted
- Answer the phones and deal with office correspondence, couriers and deliveries
- Oversee room bookings and pool car systems and support with technology issues as requested
- Assist with documentation preparations including scanning and photocopying
- Support Retail teams if requested
With experience in a similar reception role, you’ll be someone who loves interacting with people and enjoys a varied workday. You’ll have a professional approach, be able to assist people in a respectful and sensitive manner and have great attention to detail. To be a success in this role you will bring:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – that friendly, smiling face
- Experience and knowledge working with MS Office and the ability to learn new systems
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple demands and activities
- Cultural awareness in dealing with people from diverse backgrounds and ethnicities
Harbour Hospice is one of the largest hospices in New Zealand, caring for patients and their whānau for almost 40 years. Every day we care for more than 350 people across the North Shore, Hibiscus Coast and Warkworth/Wellsford regions, supporting them at home (or in one of our three sites) to live every moment in whatever way is most important to them.
Our bespoke services, given free of charge, include medical care, spiritual support, physiotherapy, social activities and more.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the heart of our organisation. Caring, courageous, compassionate and driven to deliver the best care possible, our people are the reason Hospice has the reputation that it does. Being a casual on our team, you’ll get the benefit of a full induction and training with the flexibility to pick up shifts that suit your own work life balance.
How to apply
For more information or to obtain a position description call Peggy Newton, Recruitment Specialist, on 021 241 5567 or click below to submit your application online. Be sure to include a cover letter about you and why you’d like to join the team.
Applications close Wednesday 28 September 2022