- Make a difference. Work with passionate, caring palliative specialists
- Bring your aged and /or palliative care expertise
- 0.8 FTE negotiable. Based at the beautiful, newly renovated North Shore Hospice
About the role
The Registered Nurse - Aged Residential Care Liaison is an advanced nursing practice role in our Community Palliative Care team. Working in the community autonomously, you’ll provide and support patient care in aged residential care facilities throughout the North Shore. You will support and educate ARC facility nursing staff and manage patients already under Harbour Hospice service.
This role also has a responsibility for improving the quality of professional nursing practice and safeguarding high standards of care at Harbour Hospice by supporting an environment in which excellence in clinical care can flourish.
Work/life balance is important to us, and we’ve embraced new ways of working. Our hybrid working model allows you some flexibility with working from home and the office.
You are a Registered Nurse with sound experience in aged care and /or palliative care. You’re caring, compassionate, professional and driven to deliver the best care possible every day.
- Be a Registered Nurse, New Zealand Nursing Council and hold a current NZ Annual Practising Certificate
- Have a genuine interest in and desire to further develop in palliative care in the community
- Be adaptable, able to work autonomously and communicate collaboratively as part of the multi -disciplinary team
- Have a full, clean NZ Driver’s License
Harbour Hospice is one of the largest hospices in New Zealand, caring for patients and their whānau for almost 40 years. Every day we care for more than 350 people across the North Shore, Hibiscus Coast and Warkworth/Wellsford regions, supporting them at home (or in one of our three sites) to live every moment in whatever way is most important to them.
Our bespoke services, given free of charge, include medical care, spiritual support, physiotherapy, social activities and more.
What’s in it for you?
We want you to thrive both in your career and in your home life, so tell us what you need to make that happen. We’re looking for a nurse who displays flexibility and adaptability. In return you’ll get:
- An in-depth induction and tailored training to suit your individual level of experience and expertise
- Ongoing development opportunities including paid study leave
- A collaborative and high trust culture
- Access to pool vehicle and the tools of the trade to allow you to work effectively from any location
- A competitive hourly rate and relevant allowances
You will be an important part of a well-established, supportive and dedicated multidisciplinary team who share a passion for making every moment count for the people we care for at Hospice. You’ll not only develop meaningful relationships with your colleagues, but best of all, you’ll make an immeasurable impact on the lives of your patients. You’ll not only give specialist care, but also help to create moments and memories that will stay with families for a lifetime.
How to apply
Click below to submit your application online. Be sure to include a cover letter about you and why you’d like to join the team. Please note that we will be in touch with successful applicants in mid-January 2023.