Harbour Hospice is the specialist, palliative care provider for families living in the Hibiscus Coast, North Shore and Warkworth / Wellsford communities. We provide compassionate, free care working primarily with patients, families and carers in their homes and within our three hospice sites. Our bespoke services include medical care, spiritual support, physiotherapy, social activities and more.
Our retail business plays an integral role in raising funds for the vital services we provide to our community.
About the Role
The Driver/Store person will work within a small team that share the responsibility for pick-ups and deliveries of donated goods. They will also undertake store person duties which include managing incoming goods, distribution of goods between shops and recycling.
The role will be based at our Ellice Road Support Centre and will primarily travel across our retail operation on the North Shore. From time to time travel to our other shops on the Hibiscus Coast and Warkworth is required so a willingness to do this would be valued.
This is a full-time role working Tuesday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm and 9am – 4pm on a Saturday.
This is a physical role that will see you on your feet and moving most of the day. You will be lifting heavy items, such as furniture and fittings and keeping the shops in tip top shape. You will also have:
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to relate to a diverse customer base
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Clean Full Driver license (Class1)
- Be physically fit and capable of moving and lifting heavy items
- Working knowledge of the North Shore transportation routes would be an advantage
- Have experience in safe heavy lifting and lifting awkward objects and a safe attitude to work
- Have experience in the operation of large vehicles
How to Apply
If this sounds like the next move you’re looking for in your career then we want to hear from you. For more information and a position description call Jayne Rice, Recruitment Specialist on 0212 800323 or click on the apply now button to submit your application online.