Harbour Hospice is the only specialist, palliative care provider for families living in the Hibiscus Coast, North Shore and Warkworth / Wellsford communities. We provide compassionate, free of charge care, working primarily with patients, families and carers in their homes, and within our three hospice sites. Our bespoke services include medical care, spiritual support, physiotherapy, social activities and more, with an emphasis on helping people live every moment in whatever way is important to them.
Our Family Support Team play an integral role offering counselling, social work, cultural support, chaplaincy, complementary therapy as well as various support groups and services.
About the Role
This role involves ensuring the provision of expert and compassionate complementary therapy care (Massage) and wellbeing education to patients, families/whanau both within the in-patient unit in Takapuna and visiting patients at home in the local community.
Ideally you will have a well-developed understanding and experience of holistic care and the ability to demonstrate this knowledge in the context of palliative / hospice care. You will have the knowledge and skills to work with families facing loss and be able to embrace a holistic approach to patients and family’s needs. Great time management skills are essential as you will be responsible for planning your day and arranging your own appointments, updating care plans and entering notes on our patient information system.
You will also have:
- Diploma qualification (equivalent of NZQA level 5/6) in massage
- Current registration with relevant New Zealand professional association
- Current comprehensive first aid certificate
- Four years’ experience and credibility in Palliative Care / Oncology
- Good level of computer skills
- Clean NZ Drivers License
- -Reiki level 2 qualification with at least six years clinical experience
- -Recognised qualification from the ALA for to practice lymphoedema massage
- -Oncology massage post-graduate training
Hours: 0.6 FTE - 24 hours p/w
How to Apply