Harbour Hospice is the only specialist, palliative care provider for families living in the Hibiscus Coast, North Shore and Warkworth / Wellsford communities. We provide compassionate, free care working primarily with patients, families and carers in their homes, and also within our three hospice sites.
About the role:
Hospices of Auckland have been successful in securing Innovations Funding from the Ministry of Health, specifically for the establishment and implementation of an initiative aimed at building capability and resources available within primary health and residential care settings. This initiative is called POI – Palliative Outcomes Initiative (www.poiproject.co.nz) and is delivered by a multi-disciplinary team working across our respective communities.
We are looking for a Physiotherapist with a special interest in palliative care to work as part of this initiative for a fixed-term of either 6 months working 40 hours per week, or 12 months working 20 hours per week.
Reporting into the Medical Team Leader with the support of a Hospice Physiotherapist as a mentor, the role will primarily be based at our Hospice in Red Beach site but may be required to travel across our catchment area which includes our North Shore and Warkworth Hospice sites.
The role will have a practice focus on the following:
• Responding to the palliative care needs of patients admitted to the local Hospices Inpatient, Outpatient, Day Hospice or Community settings, while working under clinical supervision of the Medical Team.
• Providing holistic (physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural) palliative care to patients and their family/whanau
• Integrating the palliative care knowledge gained into community, district, region and nation-wide health strategies
You will be a Physiotherapist with a strong interest in palliative care and a desire to develop your skills in this area and share the learning with those around you on return to your clinical setting. You will have proven skills in working with a diverse range of providers and be comfortable working across our different settings.
The successful applicant will also have;
• Current registration with the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand
• Minimum 2 years working experience in the healthcare sector, ideally with some exposure to palliative care
• Strong verbal, written, presentation and education skills
• Experience and competence working within a multi-cultural community, with appreciation of Tikanga Maori
How to Apply
For more information and/or a position description please contact Jayne Rice, Recruitment Specialist on 0212 800323 to submit your application online click on the Apply Now button below.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.