About the Role:
We have both full and part-time opportunities for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our Community Palliative Care team at our Hospice in Takapuna. You will be responsible for providing symptom management and end-of-life care for community-based patients with a wide range of diagnoses and at different stages of their disease trajectory.
Working alongside other members of the Hospice’s multi-disciplinary professional team, our nurses take pride in delivering holistic care to our patients and their families.
Covid forced us to change the way we work and our Community Nursing Team have embraced our new way of working, we provide the flexibility to start the some of their working days at home enabling our Nurses to make the most of their working hours and not waste time sitting in morning traffic.
You will be a Registered Nurse with palliative care experience or similar specialty (e.g. Oncology, Neurology, Haematology). This is a challenging time in people’s lives, so you will have a real passion for working with patients and families with palliative care needs.
You will have:
- A current NZ Annual Practicing Certificate
- Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma or desire to work towards the specialism of palliative care and with appropriate nursing experience required for this role.
- Commitment to achieving PDRP Level 3 within 12 months of employment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to work both flexibly from home and onsite
- Ongoing support & professional development
- Paid Clinical Supervision
- Paid Study leave
- Provision of IT hardware, phone and equipment required to provide safe workspace at home
- Access to Hospice pool cars
This is truly a unique opportunity to make an amazing difference to the lives of our patients and their families at a time when they need it most set in the environment that means so much to them, their own home. You will be an important part of a well-established, supportive and dedicated multidisciplinary team who share a passion for making every moment count for the people we care for at Hospice.
For more information call Jayne Rice, Recruitment Specialist on 0212 800323 or to submit your application online click on the APPLY button below.