Harbour Hospice is the only specialist, palliative care provider for families living in the Hibiscus Coast, North Shore and Warkworth / Wellsford communities. We provide compassionate, free care working primarily with patients, whānau and carers in their homes with an emphasis on helping people live every moment in whatever way is important to them.
About the Role:
The Infection Prevention Control Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the Harbour Hospice infection control programme. The role will work closely with clinical leads at each of our Hospice sites to ensure compliance with relevant standards and requirements and will provide education and support as required.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Coordination of the Harbour Hospice Infection Control Programme & monthly Infection Control Committee meetings
- Maintain relationships with other Infection control specialists throughout New Zealand
- Infection control surveillance within the organisation
- Educating staff and volunteers about infection control
- Managing outbreaks of infection
- Quality Improvement
- Development & implementation of staff vaccination programme
This is a part time role, working 24 hours per week (0.6FTE) across our three Hospice sites in Takapuna, Red Beach & Warkworth. The role will be based at Red Beach with travel to Takapuna and Warkworth as and when required.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse who loves variety in their day, someone who isn’t fazed by working alone but really enjoys working with a wide variety of clinical and non-clinical people. Needless to say you will be passionate about infection control and all the criteria that comes with the territory - H&S, audits, on-going surveillance, compliance, quality control and you’ll have the ability to deliver the message in a way that encourages stakeholders to get on board.
What we are looking for from you:
- Previous experience working with infection control principles and standards, and knowledge of current infection control practices.
- Strong problem solving skills and a collaborative working style.
- Be familiar with the NZNO National Division of Infection Control Nurses Professional Standards of Practice.
- Proven time-management skills, you’ll be used to juggling lots of different balls
- Happy to complete infection control education as required
- Have a flexible approach to work and are comfortable travelling across Hospice sites
- Strong values base and demonstrate a commitment to our organisational values
- Working knowledge of with Health & Disability Services Infection Control Standards
- Experience in providing adult education
- Be an effective communicator across a diverse group of employees and volunteers
What’s in it for you:
This is a great opportunity to work in a specialist area that you are passionate about and be a real advocate for infection control at a time when it is at the forefront of all our minds. Hospice is an inspirational place to work and infection control is such a vital part of what we do to keep our patients and employees safe. As this is a part time role based across Harbour Hospice you’ll have the flexibility to have work/life balance and no stressing about parking as we have free parking at each site and use of Hospice pool cars if required.
For more information and a position description contact Jayne.rice@Harbourhospice.org.nz or call 0212 800323 or to submit your application online click the APPLY NOW button